Monday, September 6, 2010

Spark Art & Writing- New Mixed Media Art

We finished another round of Spark, the Art & Writing Challenge. This time around I had two partners. After reading Kim's poem, I created this piece, called "Friendship."
The girl's eyes were what captured my attention in this vintage photo. With her hands on her heart, she seems the essence of love and loyalty.
I had a lot of fun cutting out images for her crown of flowers.
I used silver thread and emerald colored beads for her necklace.

And using Rus' short story, I created this mixed media piece, called "Flow."
I started off painting the ocean, then added papers and more paint.

Finally, I drew a woman in deep reflection, hair flowing in the breeze. My daughter suggested that she needed a necklace, and I think it adds a lot. I loved using watercolors to enhance the subtle colors of the woman. The way they pool in certain areas and mix with other colors makes the result always a surprise.

You can see more art and writing from Spark here.

4 comments:

Susie said...

Your new pieces are truly stunning and beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Those are beautiful!!

Linda Vincent said...

Hi Michelle.....hope you're having a good day. Thank you for the lovely message - much appreciated. These two pieces are so lovely.....and the words so touching.
Linda xx

Susan Anderson said...

I wonder if you would allow me to use your picture of the woman with pearls on my blog today to illustrate a poem. I will, of course, include your name as artist.

Thank you for your consideration. My blog can be found at grannysuesnews.blogspot.com.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Your Comments Make My Day!