Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Sunburn and Summer Plans

We just came back from a mini-vacation, in celebration of our 11th anniversary. It was wonderful to get that much undivided attention and just relax on the beach. But I made one horrible mistake- not enough sunblock. OOOUUCH! I'm still tomato red and in pain. :(

Before we left, I was able to finish my art and writing entries for the Spark art/writing challenge. I wrote a poem about confusion, based on my partner's artwork, and I painted a piece called "Survivor" based off of my partner's essay. I'll wait to show the finished pieces until the Spark website is updated, but here's a sneak peek of part of it.

I'm going to be pretty busy this summer. In addition to keeping 3 kids busy (so as not to kill each other), I need to finish 4 more art pieces for a show and record an album with our band by August. Last week we lead worship for a conference in Greenville. It was so amazing to lead the people into God's presence and feel His anointing. I really hope we get to do more conferences and retreats like that.

Oh, and I've been practicing the violin, even though it sounds horrible. I keep telling myself that I have to start at the beginning, and then I'll get better. But it's pretty hard on the ears, even if it's beautiful in my mind. :)

3 comments:

Ted Wallace said...

Tomato might be an understandment. Radioactive red might be more descriptive.

I love you.
-ted

Cinderella Moments said...

I've passed the "One Lovely Blog Award" to you for your blog which I enjoy looking at every day!

You can read about it here ~http://shopcinderellamoments.blogspot.com/
To accept the award, post it on your blog together with the name of the person who has granted the award, and his or her blog link. Then, pass the award to 15 other blogs that you’ve newly discovered. Remember to contact the bloggers to let them know they have been chosen for this award.

Hopefully this will introduce people to some fabulous blogs that are out there!
Caroline

June said...

This is a stunning collage. I love this its eye candy
Hugs June x

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Your Comments Make My Day!