Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Holiday Reflections

I really enjoyed the holiday season this year.
Normally I hate the rush and chaos of Christmas, but this time I relished every bit of it.
This year, I was given a few boxes of vintage ornaments, so I decorated every nook and cranny with festive knick knacks.
There's something about vintage ornaments- they make me feel safe and happy.
Everything changes in life, but looking at older holiday treasures reminds me that some things don't change.
The traditions of holiday decorating, gifts, family and friends laughing together- we celebrate these every year, no matter what's going on in our lives.
We always take time to drive around and look at Christmas lights, sing lots of carols, and take a yearly picture with Santa.
I love looking at the kids over the years with Santa. Each of them at around age 2 are crying in the picture, reaching for us to hold them.
Apparently, Santa is pretty scary to toddlers. :)
This year we played it safe and had my dad dress up as Santa. Much better.
It was almost sad to take down the tree and lights. On the plus side, our house always looks much bigger and less cluttered afterwards.

4 comments:

Ted Wallace said...

I love you! I love our family, I love your sense of style. You always make everything beautiful. Have a great day, babe!

-ted

Unknown said...

Your children are adorable! I love that your father dressed up as Santa. What a fun memory and the photos made me laugh.

Laurie said...

It looks like you all had a wonderful holiday! Thank you for stopping by my blog and entering my OWOH giveaway! Enjoy the rest of the event!

ByLightOfMoon said...

Thanks for sharing such beautiful photos!
Smiles, Cyndi

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Your Comments Make My Day!