Saturday, March 6, 2010

Alice in Wonderland Project

Last night we saw Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland, and it was just what I imagined it would be. The girl who played Alice was passionate and charming, the costumes were textured and colorful, and it all had kind of a melancholy edge. Next week I'm taking my daughter to see the 3-D Imax version.

For the latest SPARK Art/Writing Challenge last month, my writer partner had written a poem about Wonderland. Having always been fascinated by Lewis Carroll's books and all things Alice(I agree that some of the best people are completely mad), I decided to make something of a tribute to it.
This is my project, called "Curiouser and Curiouser." I used different images from the illustrated books and other images of clocks and keys, etc. And for a special touch, I added some fresh moss from an old graveyard in East Texas. I sprayed the moss, but I'm not sure if it will stay green; we'll see. I will post more as soon as the SPARK site is updated on the latest round.

2 comments:

Mary said...

This is great! I want to see the movie too!

Cinderella Moments said...

That looks fantastic! It should be in a magazine! WOW!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Your Comments Make My Day!